Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Government Street Grocery

May 1, 2012
Government St. Grocery
Ocean Springs, MS

This was a quaint place tucked onto the roadside in Ocean Springs! There was no crowd, so we chose a table outside, I didn't care too much for the view of the wall (a sound barrier for the road) or the view of the parking lot - definitely something that should be addressed.  However, our waiter was prompt, attentive, pleasant and very hospitable!

We all decided to order appetizers and we settled on the fried pickles and the fries & gravy.  These were phenomenal!  The gravy was the best that I have had anywhere yet and I even enjoyed the fried pickles - and I don't even like dill pickles!  Definitely four starfishes on these!

I decided on the Roast Beef and Gravy Po-Boy, you all know that I have been searching for a decent one since I moved back last year...well I have found myself a great roast beef po-boy (I will definitely be picking up more of these from here when I get my cravings)!  The gravy was fabulous, I wanted to pick up the bowl and drink it but Heidi made me share it with her for the fries that came with her burger! ;-)

Vicky had the Roma. She really likes eggplant, but it's hard to find a place that can cook it just right.  Well, she was blown away by this sandwich!  She said that the flavor was fantastic, it was cooked perfectly and the bread was just awesome.

Heidi decided to have the Grocery Burger. Well now, this burger has won awards for being the best in town and it definitely is a great choice!  This burger is "photo-ready" when it gets to the table.  Heidi said that it was one of the best burgers that she has ever had!  Way to go!

Jenny also had the Grocery Burger and she said that it was a superb burger with great flavor!

Yes, we can't believe that we ate it all, but we did and our tummies told us so!  We will DEFINITELY be making return trips to this place ... the food is just too good! ^-^

No comments:

Post a Comment